I knew I wanted to make a basket, and I knew I wanted to use Lion Brand Heartland Thick & Quick… and when I started crocheting, the Moroccan Basket just flew off my hook!
The Moroccan Basket brings back one of my favorites – the Moroccan Tile Stitch – and pairs it with chunky yarn in a handy and attractive basket that works up fast! The basket is lined with another layer of crochet, making it even more useful and sturdy. And I think it looks better for it too!
- US – K, 6.5mm hook (Furls Heirloom Wooden Hook recommended)
- 350 yds Lion Brand Heartland Thick & Quick (100% acrylic, Super Bulky (6); 125 yds/114 m; 5.01 oz)
Color A: Katmai – 2 balls
Color B: Acadia – 2 balls
- Stitch Markers (see Moroccan Tile Stitch tutorial linked below for how to use these in this pattern)
- Gauge: 3 rnds = 4″ across
- Finished Size: 8″ diameter x 7″ tall
- Helpful Tutorials: Magic Circle; Dc2tog; Round 7 Tutorial; Moroccan Tile Stitch in the Round; Handles. Please see the Crochet Abbreviations Page if needed.